Saturday, December 29, 2012

Two Boats and a Helicopter

Friday

Two Boats and a Helicopter
 
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.  God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
 II Timothy 3: 16-17
  
 This is a story that’s been around a long time, I’m not sure of the origin.

A guy was in his house when horrendous rains come up. The water starts rising, and before you know it, we’re talking major flood. Roads are covered. Nothing’s moving. Pretty soon, a boat comes along. Guy in the boat yells, ‘Come on - we’re here to save you. Get in the boat.’ Guy in the house says, ‘No…I’ve got faith that God will save me.’ The boat leaves. The water keeps rising. The guy is forced up the second floor of his house by the flood waters. Another boat comes along. The guy in the boat yells, ‘Come on! It’s getting worse. If you don’t get in the boat, you’re going to drown.’

From the second floor window the guy says, ‘No…I’ll be ok. I’ve got faith in God that he’ll save me.’  The boat leaves. Water’s rising. The guy’s on the roof. A helicopter hovers overhead and the pilot shouts out, ‘This is your last chance. Climb up the ladder. If you don’t come now you’re going to drown.’   The guy says from the roof, ‘No, thanks. God will save me.’ The pilot shrugs his shoulders and splits. The water rises. The guy drowns and ascends to the pearly gates. He asks St. Peter, ‘What happened? I’ve been devoted to God and had absolute faith that he would save me. Why did he let me down?’  And St. Peter tells him, ‘What the heck do you want? God sent ya two boats and a helicopter!?’

This is the deal folks; You may be “the guy” that needed God’s help.  Or, you may be the person that brought the boats or the helicopter.  Be open for how God is willing to help you, or be willing to be the helper.   Read the scriptures and spend time with Him to help prepare yourself to hear His voice in any situation.

Lord, please, help me to hear your voice in every situation when you need me to.  I want to do Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment