Saturday, December 29, 2012

By Chance?

Monday

By chance?  I think not.

  Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding.
  Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. 
Proverbs 2: 2-3
Several months ago, I reconnected with a dear gymnastics friend of mine.  She now lives in Atlanta and is a therapist, specializing in women’s issues.   It has been amazing to talk to her again.  Little did I know, it was just the first phase in a God directed path for my life.  She’s my Blue Springs friend.

Several weeks ago, I stopped at a garage sale and picked up one item, a memoir about a woman in Missouri that endured sexual abuse as a child, “Little Girl Fly Away”.  She used poetry and therapy as a means to express herself and ultimately deal with issues she had as a result of the abuse.  Prior to this book, I had never been exposed to anything of that nature, and by reading it, I developed sensitivity to this issue.

Shortly after reading that book, a previous gymnastics student of mine found me after searching for years.  She showered me with love and praise for the influence I had in her life.  I was humbled at how God had used me way back then.  After the initial catching up, she began to share a part of her life I knew nothing about.  She endured sexual abuse at the hands of a family member, during the time I coached her.  The sensitivity level I had for this was very high, due to reading the book just a mere week prior to her contacting me.  My heart went out to her, because I realized she had not yet dealt with the issues surrounding these painful events in her life.  She is my Oklahoma friend, who also used poetry as a means to deal with the pain.

In a way that only God can, he brought these two women into my life around the same time; their only connection was me and gymnastics.  Guess what, they both now live in Atlanta, Georgia!   Guess what, my Blue Springs friend is now counseling with my Oklahoma friend to help her recover from her childhood abuse.  God orchestrated this little dance from the very beginning.  I am a little jealous, because I’m not the one actually there to help her.  I thought, my Blue Springs friend is acting on my behalf, “by Proxy”.  Then I thought again, “No, she is acting on God’s behalf!”   
   
God, please use me on Your behalf.  I want to be able to hear Your voice when you need me, help me to always be listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment